To detox (verb) is to “abstain from or rid the body of toxic or unhealthy substances for a period of time.” There are many things we should detox ourselves from…food, alcohol, habits, people, etc. Use April as a springboard towards better physical and mental health by using the following Detox methods, as well as sticking to Ashley’s suggestions for “10 Things to Trash Right Now.”
5 Ways to Detox Your Mind & Soul
1. Practice acceptance of your emotions. Instead of trying to force a certain emotion in any situation, try to have complete acceptance of whatever you feel in that moment. Trying to change what you feel will not make you feel better…recognize, accept and move on.
2. Go for a long drive. Have no destination in mind and pay attention to your surroundings. Listen to music and get lost in the moment for a mind-clearing experience. For all those “This is Us” fans…“Roll all your windows down…Crank up the music…let someone else make your bed.”
3. “Unfollow” that person or persons that always annoy you on social media. You know who they are…the ones who whenever you see their name, you can’t help but read what they wrote and instantly get annoyed. Get rid of them now.
4. Pull out a pen and paper. Emptying your mind onto paper will make you feel instantly better. Even if you don’t say the words to anyone, getting them out is therapeutic.
5. Create a trigger. Chose a “ move” that will instantly recharge and energize you. It can be a clap, word, movement or phrase…whatever will personally motivate you to start functioning optimally. When you feel yourself start to fall, “make your move.”
5 Ways to Detox Your Body
1. Clean out your pantry. Throw out anything artificial, with preservatives, or with tons of sugar. Have a “snack” or “treat” you always over-indulge in? Trash it. Need more help with this? Schedule a nutrition consultation and learn what should and shouldn’t be in your kitchen!
2. Try a Cleanse. There are hundreds, probably even thousands, of cleanses floating around the internet…some science based and safe, others dangerous and down-right dumb. For a safe, effective and detoxifying cleanse, try Shaklee’s “Healthy Cleanse.” (more on page 6) This gentle cleanse is a 7-day program designed to support healthy digestion, jump start weight loss, increase focus and energy, and improve hunger management and sleep quality. The program combines a carefully selected combination of Shaklee supplements with a supporting nutrition plan. If you're ready for a detox or reset, ask us for more info.
3. Stay hydrated. Drinking water (plain, hot, cold, infused with fruit, etc.) is essential to your overall health because it acts as a transportation system, circulating nutrients throughout your body and moving out waste products. Your intestines are like the pipes in your house; if you fill them without running water through them, they will clog.
4. Practice proper breathing. When you feel your shoulders creeping up or your neck tensing, take 5 deep, cleansing breaths. Close your eyes and breathe in through your nose for a count of 4 seconds, hold it in for 4 seconds, and then slowly exhale through your mouth for 6 seconds. When you inhale let your belly extend out instead of pulling it in like we normally do, and on your exhale, let your belly return back to normal.
5. Open your mouth slightly. Opening your mouth releases the pressure and tension in your jaw, giving you tremendous relief to the pressure held in your head and neck, while allowing a natural flow of energy back into the body. This will also help release unnecessary thoughts.
5 Ways to Detox Your Home
1. Clean it up. April is synonymous with Spring Cleaning, but make sure the cleaning products you are using are safe and natural. You don’t want to “detox” and clean your home with toxic and harmful products…kind of counterproductive, right? If you don’t already use Shaklee’s Basic H in your home I highly suggest you try it. For pennies a bottle, you can deep clean your home with an all-organic, natural and powerful product. Say goodbye to the hundreds of toxic chemicals you have hiding in your home and the headaches, watery eyes, asthma associated with them and welcome one of Earth Day’s official products: Basic H into your home with open arms.
2. Un-crowd your home. If your thoughts are overcrowded your home definitely is – remove the things that are unloved, unwanted, don’t fit, expired, broken or unused. Subconsciously you have emotions connected to everything in your home; getting rid of the “things” will help get rid of some of the clutter in your mind.
3. Rearrange your furniture. Once you’ve gotten rid of things, rearrange what you have. When your surroundings remain the same for a period of time so do your thoughts and how you process your surroundings - change them, change how you think, change what you feel.
4. Add in some color. Whether it’s your walls or decoration, there are certain colors that trigger relaxation. Blue soothes, calming your mind and reducing tension. Violet can bring inner peace and balance to your soul. Light pink triggers calmness and peace. Green symbolizes nature and is naturally soothing, calming and relaxing. Adding these colors into your home can help bring peace into your life.
5. Keep the air clean. Whenever possible, crack your windows and open the doors to ventilate your home. Use green plants as natural air detoxifiers and fresh flowers or bowls of herbs to add natural and pleasant fragrances. Make sure to clean your air ducts and vents with non-toxic cleaners such as Basic H and invest in some air purifiers. You can rest assured that the deep, cleansing breathes you’re taking are clean, pure breaths.
Posted on 04/19/2017 at 03:00 AM